- Non-unionized Beer Outlets an Privately Owned Wine Boutiques (cause: opening of non-unionized shops)
- Canada Post Franchise Outlets (privatization of Canada Post)
- NORPAC Food Processor Boycott [support for Oregon Farmworkers (PCUN) - this Oregon-based food processor has refused for eight years to negotiate a first contract] - Note: February 18 PCNU signed framwork for agreement. Boycott has been suspended but will not be cancelled until an agreement is reached.
- Sklar Peppler, Alan White Branded Furniture, and its manufacturer, AW Manufacturing (in support of approximately 100 USW members. After moving to Ajax from Whitby, Ontario in 2006, Sklar Peppler went into bankruptcy in August of 2008. The President of Sklar Peppler bought the company's assets out of bankruptcy in late 2008 and proceeded to close the facility. He then bought AW Manufacturing Inc., another furniture manufacturer in Mississippi, USA, and now uses product from that plant to sell to Sklar's customers. The hard-working Steelworkers who were employed by Sklar Peppler in Canada not only lost their jobs, they lost their severance pay in the bankruptcy proceedings.)
Strikes and Lockouts
UFCW 401 at Forest Lawn Sobey's, September 30, 2011 - November 27, 2011
CAW Local 2002 (Air Canada), June 14, 2011 - June 16, 2011 - Canadian Auto Workers Local 2002 at Air Canada file 72-hour strike notice - picket lines set up on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at Calgary and Edmonton International Airports (national strike) - Air Canada refused to remove major concessionary demands on existing pension plan - June 16, 2011 - deal reached with Air Canada and CAW 2002 after federal government said it would introduce back-to-work legislation - pension issue to arbitration.
CUPW, June 2, 2011 - June 27, 2011 (National) - Canadian Union of Postal Workers file 72-hour strike notice - rotating strikes began Thursday, June 2nd, 11:59 p.m. EDT (9:59 p.m. MT) - Rally/dance June 3rd - nationwide lockout June 15, 2011. Ordered back to work on June 27, 2011.
- UFCW 401 (Gate Gourmet) at Edmonton International Airport, April 16, 2011 - July 1, 2011 - main issue remaining was company's demand for three-year wage freeze; the settlement included a wage increase and no concessions.
- UFCW 401 (McKesson Canada) - June 28, 2010 (Edmonton) - strike ended September 1, 2010
- UFCW 1118 (Canada Malting) - August 24, 2010 (Calgary) - The major issue in the dispute is the company's insistence on moving from a defined benefits pension plan to a defined contributions plan - strike ended November 6, 2010